Have you ever wished that someone would magically appear and do all of the vacuuming for you? This is the wish of many a dog owner, and dog groomer, faced with the daily chore of trying to eliminate pet hair from every corner of the room.
Well, your wish has been granted. Here is a robotic vacuum that has been specifically designed to do just that. Without you lifting a finger, this vacuum collects pet hair along with all of the other dirt and dust that accumulates in our homes and in grooming salons. And, it even “returns home” to dock itself for re-charging when needed.
The iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Details
At the time of publication of this post, this vacuum was rated in the top 10 on Amazon for the category of Robotic Vacuums but you would need to check on this today as rankings can change very quickly.
The Highlights of this Robotic Vacuum for Pets include:
- The 630 has been designed with a 3 stage cleaning system. This results in removal of an incredible amount of dirt and pet hair.
- The technology behind this pet vacuum allows it to adapt its behavior to the area being cleaned. As a result, if a particular spot is extra filthy, the vacuum will spend more time working on that area to make it clean.
- It is fitted with advanced software, iAdapt, and sensors.
- It adjusts to the various floor types and materials.
- The Virtual Wall allows you to restrict certain areas if preferred.
Feedback on the iRobot Vacuum for Pets
- High quality material.
- Does its cleaning for a long time and then takes itself back to the docking station.
- Allows you to do other things while the vac does the cleaning for you
- Easy to empty
- Picks up perfectly after a shedding dog
- Its sensor prevents it from crashing into walls – slows down when it senses a wall
- Works more quietly than previous models
- Can make an awesome gift
- Great for people with back problems
- Great for shedding dogs
- The rotating brushes rarely need to be cleaned, according to most.
- Battery seems shorter but recharging is fast
- Some little corners in tight spaces can be challenging
Dog Breeds Specifically Mentioned
Customers who have purchased this robotic vacuum have indicated that it worked very well on collecting dog hair from all breeds but those that were specifically mentioned included:
- Chesapeake Bay
- Golden Retriever
- Wire Haired Breed
- Short Haired Dog
- Medium Haired Dog
Overall Consensus on this Robotic Vacuum for Pets
One of our dogs could well be described as a “hair-producing machine”. I know that we can all identify with that description. But, this would be one vacuum that would be up to the task for such malting pets.
If you already have what you would consider to be one of the best vacuums for pet hair, please feel free to add your own review comments below. I welcome interaction on this site from pet owners and dog groomers alike. It cultivates a greater sense of sharing and learning from each other.