Shedding is an ongoing grooming problem for most dog owners, particularly those with medium to long-haired dogs. But even short-haired dogs can have excessive shedding at certain times of the year. We have a short-haired Jack Russell and it is amazing how much hair simply comes off in your hand every time you pat him, no matter how often he is brushed. And of course, most of that ends up on your clothes.
So a good shedding tool, or deshedding tool, is a must have in order to avoid bringing out the vacuum every day if your dog is an indoor pet.
Here is one such tool available on Amazon: LOVEPET Large Yellow Shedding Tool with 4-Inch Edge
Highlights of the LovePet Shedding Tool
The main features of this deshedding tool include the following:
- Suits any length coat, both short and long
- Suitable for cats as well as dogs
- Edge is 4 inches long, made of stainless steel
- Good at removing the undercoat that has become loose, waiting to distribute itself around the house
- Good for the health of the top coat, leaving it shinier
- Easy to grip the 4 inch handle
- Reported to reduce shedding by up to 90%