One of the best ways to learn how to groom a dog is by having access to some really good dog grooming videos. That way, you can play them over and over again until you get the various clips down pat. Or, you can simply replay the sections that you need to review until you are totally comfortable with the various clipping tasks.
The Yorkshire Terrier Grooming video and the Miniature Schnauzer video feature a Pet Stylist demonstrating the particulars of grooming each of these breeds. There is no substitute for professional instruction when it comes to a practical skill such as dog grooming, particularly if it is packaged with comprehensive dog grooming video footage and how-to guides.
How to Groom a Yorkshire Terrier Video
I know from personal experience that grooming a small dog like the Yorkie can cost anywhere between $40 and $60 depending on the groomer and the length of your Yorkie’s coat.
So if you are a dog owner looking to make some savings, learning how to groom your own Yorkshire Terrier can be a huge plus.
Alternatively, if you happen to be a dog groomer, just starting out, then you will be looking for help on how to become a dog groomer.
So this is an ideal way to start, with some great tips from watching this video (DVD) on grooming Yorkshire Terriers. You can find out:
- How to groom the Yorkie’s bangs and get a professional-looking cut.
- How to scissor hair around the Yorkie’s ears (which happen to be very thin) and how to safely trim the face.
- How to clip the rest of the Yorkshire Terrier’s body.
- How to use advanced grooming tools including clippers, blades and shears.
- How to safely handle a terrier and the different ways of holding a Yorkie during a grooming session.
How to Groom a Schnauzer DVDs
You can also get visual tips and verbal tricks by watching this video (DVD) on how to groom Schnauzers:
Being able to groom your Schnauzer at home yourself can save your pet the stress that comes from visiting a grooming salon. Alternatively, if you are a dog groomer looking for some additional grooming tips, then this is a very economical way to get some professional instruction.
Highlights of this Schnauzer DVD:
- Length: 62 minutes
- Suitable for novice groomers
- Suitable for pet stylists who already have experience.
- Information about anatomy of the breed.
- Correct grooming techniques
- Lessons complemented by camera shots from different angles
Other Schnauzer DVDs
Poodle Grooming DVDs
I hope you find these videos really useful in learning how to groom these popular dog breeds.
Keep an eye on our Breed Dog Grooming section for help with other breeds. Let me know what you think of the videos; I’m always keen to get your point of view and to hear if you have requests for other dog grooming videos.