The Dog Grooming DVDs are a product that customers have so far been very happy with, mainly because you are offered some choice. In other words, you get to select 3 DVDs, each showing you how to groom a different breed. I find this is much more useful for those who want to specialize in a particular breed type or who already know how to groom most breeds.
Who Would these Grooming DVDs Suit?
The instruction on these DVDs is pitched at a level that suits everyone really; well when I say everyone, I mean both dog owners as well as those doing a dog grooming apprenticeship.
In particular they are ideal for dog owners doing their own grooming at home. If you can manage your own grooming at home it equates to a huge saving over the course of a year. One trip to a salon can cost anywhere from $40 to $60 and up, depending on the breed and size of the job.
And, the instructional nature of these DVDs would ALSO be perfect for professional groomers just starting out. What a great way to learn the basics before you open your doors for business and of course a great way to continue learning as you take on customers.
If you are wanting to learn how to groom a Poodle, and many of our readers are, then the instruction covers both standard Poodle grooming: as well as Miniature Poodle grooming.
Highlighted Features of the Grooming DVDs Collection
Dog Grooming DVDs Rating
The customers who rated this product so far, gave it 5 out of 5 stars (at the time of post publication).
The best features of the Dog Grooming DVD Collection include:
- Each DVD covers the various cuts such as:
- traditional haircuts
- more fancy styles
- cuts for summer
- You can see the grooming process step-by-step with closeups where needed.
- You are shown how to do a general cut, how to maintain it and how to do the finer clipping around the face and eyes.
- Most owners are a little nervous when it comes to clipping dog nails but this will show you how to do it safely and avoid any chance of accidentally catching the quick.
- Another job that is often put off is that of cleaning dog ears so that they remain hygienic and infection free. With these DVDs you can see how and thus learn in particular how to tease out parts of the ear hair.
- You can also learn how to clean dog teeth.
- You are shown the more tricky, “let’s put it off” type tasks such as how to express anal glands.
- You are shown how to hold a dog so as to make it a safe experience for both you and the dog.
- You can learn which dog grooming tools are needed and whether or not these differ per breed. Which are best and which do you need:
- dog clippers
- dog shears
- other equipment depending on whether you are just grooming your own dog or setting up as a dog groomer.
What Do You Get in the DVD Collection?
- 3 DVDs – your choice of these breeds:
- How to groom a Shih Tzu
- Maltese grooming
- Cocker Spaniel grooming
- Miniature Schnauzer grooming
- Miniature Poodle grooming
- Standard Poodle grooming
- How to groom a Westie
- How to groom a Yorkie
- Pomeranian grooming
- How to groom a Bichon
- Cockapoo grooming
Customer Feedback on the Dog Grooming Instructional How To Video Set
The comments on this Dog Grooming DVD Collection so far have been very positive:
The following are typical of the positive comments expressed.
- Production of DVDs very good.
- Confidence building for doing own grooming.
- Learning how to groom at home has been a huge money saver.
- Being groomed at home is much less stressful for the dog.
- Very good image production.
- Very clear sound.
- Lots of handy grooming tips provided.
- Explanations given for why you do the various steps.
- Good customer service.
So far there haven’t been many negative comments. In each case below, the customer corrected or explained the initial response.
- One customer thought there was a delay in shipping
- But then they found out that they still needed to specify which 3 DVDs they wanted. Once they did that, the collection was shipped off straight away.
- Some overlap between the videos with respect to general grooming tasks, those tasks that every breed requires.
- But this is so that whichever breed DVD you choose, you get all the general information as well such as nail clipping.
As one dog owner said “Thanks for the wonderful videos”.
Click here to see more information on the Dog Grooming Instructional How To Video Set – 3 DVD Collection and Equipment Guide
Let’s know how you find this DVD collection. I welcome your impressions once you start using them.
~ DGCO ~