All dog breeds require a certain amount of grooming. I don’t know of a breed that doesn’t need bathing from time to time, some a lot more than others. But when you look at the stats, it’s amazing to see how many different dog breeds require extensive grooming and of course clipping.
We are currently adding to our tips for different dog breeds, but so far, you can find the following articles featuring grooming specifics on the listed breeds:
Dog Breeds that Require Extensive Grooming
- Bichon Frise Book
- Bichon Frise Grooming
- Cockapoo Grooming – includes link to DVD collection
- Cockapoo Haircuts – includes video
- Cocker Spaniel – the comprehensive guide
- Golden Retriever Grooming – Includes video
- Husky Grooming – includes videos
- Maltese Grooming – includes link to DVD
- Maltese Haircuts – includes videos showing popular haircuts for the Maltese breed.
- Pomeranian Grooming – includes link to DVD on grooming Poms
- Pomeranian Haircuts – includes video on the Lion Cut
- Poodle – includes link to DVD & an additional DVD collection
- Schnauzer – includes link to DVD
- Shih Tzu Grooming – watch video plus find link to DVD
- Shih Tzu Haircuts
- Westie Grooming – includes link to DVD
- Yorkie Grooming
Keep posted for additional articles as they are added.
In the meantime, the distance course offered by UK Distance Learning covers an exhaustive list of the different breeds that a groomer might come across.